Our team is led by the founder and director, Gasica. His management team include the heads of each business unit, the teachers, and an administrator. All members of the team are former ZL4LF students. The team meets regularly and has the following responsibilities:
- Student welfare (career and lifestyle advice)
- Teaching (languages, science, maths and exam technique)
- Business Unit management (including sales, marketing and finance)
- Computer and systems support
- Volunteer management (meet and greet, accommodation)
- Partner liaison (updating on progress of projects)
Zanzibar Learning 4 Life Foundation is an established NGO in Zanzibar. It has a board of trustees who represent donors (both international and local) as well as members of the community and the management team. The NGO is fully incorporated and prepares financial accounts.
DIRECTOR: Gasica (Shafii Mwita Haji)
ZL4LF was set up by Gasica in 2006 when he was just 18 years old. He is an inspirational communicator, leader and teacher. Although his life got off to a rough start he turned his life around, and he is now helping other youngsters to do the same. He is an impressive motivational speaker and in October 2016 he was invited to the UK to address the District Rotary Conference to speak about his experiences and the importance of sustainable education.